Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81605
- The university of learning: beyond quality and competence
- Bowden, John; Marton, Ference
- This book looks at the theory and practice of learning and how universities can improve their quality and competence. It tackles the past failure of the quality and competence movements and advocates a move towards 'Universities of Learning'. The authors advocate an integration of elements that are often dealt with separately--theory and practice, teaching and research, and the levels of institution and individual--and handle these dimensions of integration in conjunction with each other.
- Publication type
- Publication year
- Competency-based education; Educational psychology; Higher education; Learning; Teaching
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 John Bowden and Ference Marton.
- Peer reviewed