Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81629
- Dipolar excitations of a trapped Bose-Fermi mixture
- Fu, Xiao-Wei; Liu, Xia-Ji; Hu, Hui; Li, Shi-Qun
- We study the dipolar excitation of a trapped Bose-Fermi mixture at zero temperature, by using a scaling ansatz formalism and Thomas-Fermi approximation at mean-field level. We show that both frequencies of the low-lying and high-lying modes are strongly affected by the Bose-Fermi interaction. Possible implication of our results to the recent experiment has been commented.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Communications in Theoretical Physics, Vol. 42, no. 6 (Dec 2004), pp. 839-843
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences
- Bose-Fermi mixture; Dipolar excitation
- International Academic Publishers
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 International Academic Publishers.
- Peer reviewed