Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81664
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 29 KB)|
- Introduction: Illogic of sense: the Gregory L. Ulmer remix
- Tofts, Darren; Gye, Lisa
- 'Illogic of Sense: The Gregory L. Ulmer Remix' is an exciting new ebook publication that employs theorist Gregory Ulmer's invocation to invent new forms of electronic writing. As the ebook's editors, Darren Tofts and Lisa Gye, write in their brilliant introduction, "Ulmer has been at the forefront of thinking about new cultural formations as the paradigm of literacy converges with digital culture." Ulmer's work has been central to contemporary thinking on the future of writing and his international presence as one of the leading figures in media arts discourse has influenced a multitude of disciplines from electronic literature and Internet art to critical theory, communications studies, and art history. The ebook features a diverse group of artists, theorists, and creative writers who develop new forms of hybridized "digital rhetoric." Their inventive and audacious experiments take advantage of recent developments in the field of new media studies, and as part of Alt-X's mission to participate in the creative commons provided by the Web, are available for free download.
- Publication type
- Book chapter
- Illogic of sense: the Gregory L. Ulmer remix / Darren Tofts and Lisa Gye (eds.), Chapter 1, pp. 3-11
- Publication year
- Avant-garde arts; Cybernetics; Digital culture; Electronic culture; Post-structuralist theory; Ulmer, Gregory Leland, 1944-
- Alt-X Press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of a Creative Commons licence. Some rights reserved.
- Full text