Home List of Titles Architecture of fiber network: from understanding to engineering of molecular gels
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81739
- Architecture of fiber network: from understanding to engineering of molecular gels
- Wang, Rong-Yao; Liu, Xiang-Yang; Narayanan, Janaky; Xiong, Jun-Ying; Li, Jing-Liang
- A new approach of engineering of molecular gels was established on the basis of a nucleation-initiated network formation mechanism. A variety of gel network structures can be obtained by regulating the starting temperature of the sol - gel transition. This enables us to tune the network from the spherulitic domains pattern to the extensively interconnected fibrillar network. As the consequence of fibrous network structure turning, desirable Rheological and other in-use properties of the materials can be obtained accordingly. This approach of micro-/ nanostructural fabrication may open up a new route for micro-/nanofunctional materials engineering in general.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Physical Chemistry B, Vol. 110, no. 51 (Dec 2006), pp. 25797-25802
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0306 Physical Chemistry (Incl. Structural); 0904 Chemical Engineering
- Molecular dynamics; Molecular gels; Nanostructural fabrication; Nanostructured materials; Network formation mechanism; Nucleation; Phase transitions; Spherulitic domains
- American Chemical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 American Chemical Society.
- Peer reviewed