Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81792
- East Timorese history after independence
- Leach, Michael
- This paper examines recent debates over national history in post-colonial East Timor. It is argued that beneath a broadly unifying theme of national' resistance to colonial occupations lies a more complex and ongoing postcolonial struggle over the ownership of core historical narratives, identities and symbols.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- History Workshop Journal, Vol. 61, no. 1 (2006), pp. 222-237
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 2103 Historical Studies; 160606 Government and Politics of Asia and the Pacific
- East Timor; History; History curriculum; Indonesian curriculum; Independence
- Oxford University Press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © The Author 2006. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of History Workshop Journal, all rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed