Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/81843
- 1969-1979: a turbulent decade
- Mascitelli, Bruno
- By 1969, II Globo, which had been running for ten years by now, took on a greater level of confidence and engagement within the Italian community and within Australian society overall. It is by this time a host to an array of social, economic and political activity which was channelled through its press on a constant basis. It had a greater sense of surefootedness, knowing its place and a confidence that it had a clear role to play in Australian society. Most importantly it felt it was not just the newspaper of the Italian community in Australia but an Italian voice of its own making.
- Publication type
- Book chapter
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Business and Enterprise
- Il Globo: fifty years of an Italian newspaper in Australia / Bruno Mascitelli and Simone Battiston (eds.), pp. 51-73
- Publication year
- Australian newspapers; Foreign language press; History; Il Globo; Italian Australians; Newspapers
- Connor Court Publishing
- 9781921421310, 1921421304
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 The collection as a whole: Bruno Mascitelli and Simone Battiston. The copyright of the individual chapters belongs to the authors of their own contribution.