Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/82365
- Timber research project: design with science and industry
- Anderson, Lyndon; Thong, Christine
- The Faculty of Design at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, is one of the research centres participating in the Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) for Innovative Wood Manufacturing, set up in 2001. Projects at Swinburne include research into modifying wood through microwaving; new bending technologies; and the development of composite timbers. Lyndon Anderson and Christine Thong's furniture demonstrates some of the ways this modified timber can be used in bending, cutting, joining and surface finishing.
- Publication type
- Creative work
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Design
- Exhibited at Smartworks: Design and the Handmade, Powerhouse Museum, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 30 March -04 November 2007
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0912 Materials Engineering; 1203 Design Practice and Management
- Furniture; Industrial design; Modified timber
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007.