Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/82428
- Stacking Vintorg cafe chairs
- Thong, Christine
- As a Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) PhD student, Christine Thong's project involves development of commercially suitable sheet material from Vintorg (microwave treated wood), and Vintorg for commercial outdoor furniture components. She has developed designs for cafe furniture that test material strength, proposed finishes and manufacturing techniques, and produced prototypes of a stacking chair. Christine also displayed her chair prototypes at the Tokyo International Furniture Fair 2005 (TIFF) and in Milan.
- Publication type
- Creative work
- Exhibited at the Australian International Furniture Fair 2005, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 04-06 February 2005
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0912 Materials Engineering; 1203 Design Practice and Management
- Concept chair design; Industrial design; Trade Fair; Vintorg
- Copyright © 2005.