Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/1767
- Test case selection strategies based on Boolean specifications
- Chen, T. Y.; Lau, Man Fai
- This paper considers test case selection for programs whose specifications are expressed by Boolean algebra. The approach is to select test cases based on Boolean specifications. Three test case selection strategies are proposed that aim at the detection of the literal insertion fault and the literal reference fault. Although the MAX-B strategy proposed by Weyuker et al. guarantees detection of these types of faults, the proposed strategies are more effective in the sense that the derived test cases form a subset of those selected by the MAX-B strategy.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Information Technology
- Software Testing, Verification and Reliability, Vol. 11, no. 3 (2001), pp. 165-180
- Publication year
- Black-box testing; Fault-based testing; Literal insertion fault; Software testing
- John Wiley and Sons Ltd.
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. Publisher does not officially support author/institution self-archiving of either the postprint (final, revised accepted draft) or published version of full text.
- Peer reviewed