Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Surveying East Timorese tertiary student attitudes to national identity, 2002-2010
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/88742
- Surveying East Timorese tertiary student attitudes to national identity, 2002-2010
- Leach, Michael
- This paper was presented in the panel 'Pacific nations? Understanding attitudes to national identity in Melanesia and Timor-Leste'. The three papers in this panel present the preliminary findings of a new survey of attitudes to national identity among tertiary students in Solomon Islands, PNG, and Timor-Leste. The findings cast new light on the attitudes of potential future elites towards regional, ethnic, intergenerational and linguistic faultlines in the region, and the challenges of building a cohesive sense of political community and national identity.
- Publication type
- Seminar, speech or other presentation
- Paper presented at 'Oceanic Transformations', the 3rd Conference of the Australian Association for the Advancement of Pacific Studies (AAAPS), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 08-11 April 2010
- Publication year
- Attitudes; East Timor; National identity; Students
- Australian Association for the Advancement of Pacific Studies
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010.