Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/90885
- Spectral schemes on triangular elements
- Heinrichs, Wilhelm; Loch, Birgit I.
- The Poisson problem with homogeneous Dirichlet boundary conditions is considered on a triangle. The mapping between square and triangle is realized by mapping an edge of the square onto a corner of the triangle. Then standard Chebyshev collocation techniques can be applied. Numerical experiments demonstrate the expected high spectral accuracy. Further, it is shown that finite difference preconditioning can be successfully applied in order to construct an efficient iterative solver. Then the convection-diffusion equation is considered. Here finite difference preconditioning with central differences does not overcome instability. However, applying the first order upstream scheme, we obtain a stable method. Finally, a domain decomposition technique is applied to the patching of rectangular and triangular elements.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Zeitschrift fur Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik (Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics): proceedings of the Gesellschaft fur Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik Annual Scientific Meeting (GAMM 2000), Gottingen, Germany, 02-07 April 2000, Vol. 81 (Mar 2001), pp. S765-S766
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0102 Applied Mathematics
- Spectral schemes; Triangular elements
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001.