Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/92062
- Light-weight agents for e-learning environments
- Chan, Kevin; Sterling, Leon
- Web-based delivery of educational courses is becoming increasingly common. There is great scope for light-weight AI methods in enhancing webbased education. We describe the design, prototype implementation and use of QuizHelper, a system of light-weight agents that provides feedback to students taking online quizzes. We discuss AgentSquare, the framework used to build QuizHelper. AgentSquare supports adding agent intelligence to websites.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Lecture notes in computer science: lecture notes in artificial intelligence: foundations of intelligent systems: proceedings of 14th International Symposium on Methodologies for Intelligent Systems (ISMIS 2003), Maebashi City, Japan, 28-31 October 2003 / Ning Zhong, Zbigniew W. Ras, Shusaku Tsumoto and Einoshin Suzuki (eds.), Vol. 2871, pp. 197-205
- Publication year
- AgentSquare; Education; E-learning; Light-weight agents; Online learning; Online quizzes; QuizHelper
- 0302-9743 (series ISSN)
- 9783540202561, 3540202560
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2003.
- Peer reviewed