Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/92086
- Distributed information fusion agents
- Perugini, Don; Lambert, Dale; Sterling, Leon; Pearce, Adrian
- Information fusion is typically data driven and applied to adversarial contexts. Advantages of a goal driven fusion process are emerging. An agent approach to fusion applied to friendly contexts, such as logistics, is presented. Agents are suitable for fusion because they can represent autonomous fusion eritities by modelling their capabilities, expertise and intentions. This paper promotes a level 3 centric view of information fusion, and focuses on impact and situation fusion. Extended Contract Net Protocol (ECNP) provides a distributed fusion approach, but has its shortfalls for the fusion domain. Provisional Agreement Prorocol (PAP) is an extension of the ECNP. It allows backtracking and a deliberative approach to fusion. Details of PAP are presented.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Information Fusion (FUSION 2003), Cairns, Australia, 08-11 July 2003, Vol. 1, pp. 86-93
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0802 Computation Theory and Mathematics
- Data fusion; Impact assessment; Information fusion; JDL model; LambdaJDL model; Situation assessment
- 9780972184441, 0972184449
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003 ISIF.
- Peer reviewed