Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/92071
- A collaborative framework for distributed scientific groups
- Annamalai, Muthukkaruppan; Sterling, Leon; Moloney, Glenn
- The potential of collaborative work can be further harnessed if the implicit knowledge in the collaboration documents can be exploited. Together with the Experimental High-Energy Physics (EHEP) community, we are investigating the use of ontologies for scientific collaboration. The EHEP collaborative work revolves around experimental analyses. We propose an intuitive way to establish augmented collaborative experimental analysis documents. The collaboration documents are annotated with appropriate semantic descriptors, linked to ontologies published on the web. Our initiative will necessarily lead the EHEP community to produce and share information innovatively. This development is an epitome of large-scale scientific collaborations and will provide the impetus for a more rapid scientific advance.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the Workshop on Agentcities: Challenges in Open Agent Environments (W4), held in conjunction with the First International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (AAMAS 2002), Bologna, Italy, 15-19 July 2002
- Publication year
- EHEP; Experimental High-Energy Physics; Ontologies
- International Foundation for Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002.
- Peer reviewed