Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles A circuit model of quantum cascade lasers applicable to both small and large current drives
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/92289
- A circuit model of quantum cascade lasers applicable to both small and large current drives
- Haldar, M. K.; Webb, J. F.
- In this paper, a circuit model is devised to analyze nonlinear behaviour of quantum cascade lasers. Such nonlinear behavior influences the light output when the laser is driven by currents comparable to the average (DC) current. The simplified 2-level rate equations are first improved. Next, the circuit model is obtained following the approach for interband lasers. The difference between the circuit models of quantum cascade lasers and interband lasers is pointed out. The circuit model is simpler compared to that obtained from a 3-level model. Unlike a circuit model derived earlier from the 2-level model, the present model can handle both small and large current drives.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus
- Proceedings of 'Power Control and Optimization', the 3rd Global Conference on Power Control and Optimization (PCO 2010), Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, 02-04 February 2010 / Nader Barsoum, Gerhard-Wilhelm Weber and Pandian Vasant (eds.), Vol. 1239, pp. 105-108
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0205 Optical Physics; 0906 Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Circuit models; Lasers; Non-linear behaviour; Quantum cascade
- American Institute of Physics
- 9780735407855, 0735407851
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010 American Institute of Physics.
- Peer reviewed