Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles A kinetic study of oxidative dehydrogenation of isobutane to isobutylene over chromium oxide supported on lanthanum carbonate
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/92285
- A kinetic study of oxidative dehydrogenation of isobutane to isobutylene over chromium oxide supported on lanthanum carbonate
- Hoang, M.; Mathews, J. F.; Pratt, K. C.; Xie, Z.
- Kinetics of oxidative dehydrogenation of isobutane to isobutylene over chromium oxide supported on lanthanum carbonate was studied. The formation rate of isobutylene was found to be first order in isobutane and zero order in oxygen concentration and the rate limiting step was the regeneration of active sites by the gas phase oxygen. The formation of CO2 was due to the consecutive oxidation of isobutylene which occurred on the same active sites used for isobutylene formation, not by the parallel oxidation of isobutane.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Kinetics and Catalysis, Vol. 51, no. 3 (2010), pp. 398-403
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0307 Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
- Chromium oxide; Isobutane; Isobutylene; Lanthanum carbonate; Oxidative dehydrogenation
- MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010 Pleiades Publishing.
- Peer reviewed