Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/92311
- Variable sampling interval Hotelling's T2 chart with sampling at fixed times
- Lee, M. H.
- This study applies a sampling at fixed time feature to the variable sampling interval (VSI) Hotelling's T2 chart for rational subgroups. This control chart is called variable sampling interval with sampling at fixed times (VSIFT) control chart, in which the modification allows one to take additional samples between two fixed equally spaced time points when there is some indication of process mean shift for the multivariate process. From a practical viewpoint, the VSIFT control chart is easier to administer than the adaptive sampling interval control charts, i.e. VSI, variable sample size and sampling interval (VSSI), and variable parameters control charts. Numerical comparisons show that the VSIFT Hotelling's T2 chart performs better than the VSI, variable sample size, VSSI, variable parameters, and variable sample size and control limit Hotelling's T2 charts for detecting moderate and large shifts in the process mean in terms of the steady-state average time to signal.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus. School of Engineering, Computing and Science
- Journal of the Chinese Institute of Industrial Engineers, Vol. 27, no. 5 (Sep 2010), pp. 394-406
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 010401 Applied Statistics; 091008 Manufacturing Safety and Quality
- ATS; Average time to signal; Hotelling's T2 chart; Sampling at fixed times; Variable sampling interval; VSIFT
- Taylor & Francis
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010 Chinese Institute of Industrial Engineers.
- Peer reviewed