Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/92549
- Extrusion properties of a Zr-based bulk metallic glass
- Yu, G. S.; Lin, J. G.; Li, W.; Wen, C. E.
- The extrusion behavior of Zr41.2Ti13.8Cu12.5Ni10Be22.5 metallic glasses in the supercooled liquid region was investigated. Good extrusion formability was observed under low strain rates at temperatures higher than 395 °C. The metallic glasses were fully extruded without crystallization and failure within the range of T = 395–415 °C under strain rates from 5 × 10− 3 s− 1 to 5 × 10− 2 s− 1, and the deformation behavior of the metallic glasses during the extrusion was found to be in a Newtonian viscous flow mode by a strain rate sensitivity of 1.0.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Materials Letters, Vol. 63, no. 15 (Jun 2009), pp. 1317-1319
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0910 Manufacturing Engineering; 0912 Materials Engineering
- Bulk metallic glass; Extrusion; Newtonian viscous flow
- Elsevier BV
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Elsevier B.V.
- Peer reviewed