Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/92856
- Multivariate EWMA control chart with adaptive sample sizes
- Lee, M. H.
- Standard multivariate control charts usually employ fixed sample sizes at equal sampling intervals to monitor a process. In this study, a multivariate exponential weighted moving average (MEWMA) chart with adaptive sample sizes is investigated. Performance measure of the adaptive-sample-size MEWMA chart is obtained through a Markov chain approach. The performance of the adaptive-sample-size MEWMA chart is compared with the fixed-sample-size control chart in terms of steady-state average run length for different magnitude of shifts in the process mean. It is shown that the adaptive-sample-size chart is more efficient than the fixed-sample-size MEWMA control chart in detecting shifts in the process mean.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus. School of Engineering, Computing and Science
- Communications in Statistics: Simulation and Computation, Vol. 39, no. 8 (2010), pp. 1548-1561
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 010401 Applied Statistics; 091008 Manufacturing Safety and Quality
- Adaptive sample sizes; Average run length; Control chart; EWMA chart; Markov chain approach
- Taylor & Francis
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010 Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
- Peer reviewed