Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Distributed fluorescence sensing using exposed core microstructured optical fiber
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/93239
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Distributed fluorescence sensing using exposed core microstructured optical fiber
- Warren-Smith, Stephen Christopher; Sinchenko, Elena; Stoddart, Paul R.; Monro, Tanya M.
- Fluorescence-based distributed sensing using exposed core microstructured optical fiber has been demonstrated. The optical fiber consists of a suspended optical micro-wire surrounded by a solid jacket, a portion of which is absent to allow access to the evanescent field from the external environment. We demonstrate time-domain distributed sensing by immersing different sections of the fiber in a fluorescent liquid.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Atom Optics and Ultrafast Spectroscopy
- IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 22, no. 18 (Sep 2010), pp. 1385-1387
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0205 Optical Physics; 0906 Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Distributed sensing; Fluorescence; Optical fibers
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Research Projects
- Full text
- Peer reviewed