Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/93940
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Towards the software engineering of neural networks: a maturity model
- Senyard, Anthony; Dart, Philip; Sterling, Leon
- Neural networks are being used increasingly in a wide range of real world applications. However, existing studies have reported major problems in neural network software development. This paper analyses these problems, and describes how existing software engineering practice can address some of them. Other problems are identified as requiring new approaches tailored to neural network development. A unified framework is presented, in the form of an extension to the Capability Maturity Model, aimed at instituting good software engineering practice for neural network development. The framework should be of interest to neural network software developers, and suggests research directions towards the software engineering of neural networks.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the Australian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC 2000), Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia, 28-29 August 2000 / Douglas D. Grant (ed.), pp. 45-51
- Publication year
- Capability Maturity Model; Neural networks; Software engineering
- 9780769506319, 0769506313
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 IEEE. Published version of the paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed