Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/94951
- A higher order reconstruction of stepwise enhancement
- Naish, Lee; Sterling, Leon
- This paper presents two views of stepwise enhancement, one a pragmatic syntax-based approach and the other a semantic approach based on higher order functions and relating to shape and polytypism. The approaches are outlined, and the perhaps surprisingly close relationship between the two described. By combining the advantages of both approaches, it is shown how more code in both functional and logic programming languages can be constructed in a systematic and partially automated way.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Lecture notes in computer science: proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Logic Program Synthesis and Transformation (LOPSTR'97), Leuven, Belgium, 10-12 July 1997 / Norbert E. Fuchs (ed.), Vol. 1463, pp. 245-262
- Publication year
- Programming; Prolog; Stepwise enhancement
- 0302-9743 (series ISSN)
- 9783540650744, 3540650741
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Peer reviewed