Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/95253
- The UCSD Hires/Keck I damped Lyα abundance database I: the data
- Prochaska, Jason X.; Wolfe, Arthur M.; Tytler, David; Burles, Scott; Cooke, Jeff; Gawiser, Eric; Kirkman, David; O'Meara, John M.; Storrie-Lombardi, Lisa
- We present new chemical abundance measurements of 16 damped Lyα systems at z > 1.5 and update our previous abundance analyses. The entire database presented here was derived from HIRES observations on the Keck I telescope, reduced with the same software package, and analyzed with identical techniques. Altogether, we present a large, homogeneous database of chemical abundance measurements for protogalaxies in the early universe, ideal for studying a number of important aspects of galaxy formation. In addition, we have established an on-line directory for this database and will continuously update the results.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series, Vol. 137, no. 1 (Nov 2001), pp. 21-73
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0201 Astronomical and Space Sciences
- Absorption lines; Abundances; Galaxy evolution; Nuclear reactions; Nucleosynthesis; Quasars
- University of Chicago Press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 The American Astronomical Society. All rights reserved. The American Astronomical Society does not allow institutions to archive either the accepted manuscript or the published version of the article. However, you can find an earlier version of the full text here: http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0110350.
- Peer reviewed