Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/95505
- Variable stars in the field of open cluster NGC 6819: II
- Street, R. A.; Horne, Keith; Lister, T. A.; Penny, A.; Tsapras, Y.; Quirrenbach, A.; Safizadeh, N.; Cooke, J.; Mitchell, D.; Collier Cameron, A.
- We report on the discovery of 141 further variable stars found in the field of the open cluster NGC 6819. The stars were identified from time-series photometric data obtained on the Isaac Newton Telescope, La Palma, during two observing runs covering the 19 nights between 1999 June 22-30 and 1999 July 22-31. The variables found include 53 eclipsing binaries, of which eight stars appear to be RS CVns, in addition to 70 stars showing spot activity, 13 showing long-period variability and five variables of other types.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Vol. 358, no. 3 (Apr 2005), pp. 795-812
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0201 Astronomical and Space Sciences
- Binaries; NGC 6819; Open clusters; Photometric techniques; Stars
- Blackwell Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005 Royal Astronomical Society.
- Peer reviewed