Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/95508
- Variable stars in the field of open cluster NGC 6819
- Street, R. A.; Horne, Keith; Lister, T. A.; Penny, A.; Tsapras, Y.; Quirrenbach, A.; Safizadeh, N.; Cooke, J.; Mitchell, D.; Collier Cameron, A.
- We report on the discovery of 25 variable stars plus 13 suspected variables found in the field of the open cluster NGC 6819. The stars were identified from time-series photometric data obtained on the Isaac Newton Telescope, La Palma, during two observing runs covering the 19 nights between 1999 June 22-30 and 1999 July 22-31. The variables found include 12 eclipsing binaries with an additional three suspected, nine BY Draconis systems, plus four variables of other types, including one star believed to be a Cepheid. Three of the 15 eclipsing binaries are believed to be cluster members. Details of a further 10 suspected variable stars are also included.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Vol. 330, no. 3 (Mar 2002), pp. 737-754
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0201 Astronomical and Space Sciences
- Binaries; NGC 6819; Open clusters; Photometric techniques; Stars
- Blackwell Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002 Royal Astronomical Society.
- Peer reviewed