Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/147912
- Modelling of a Laser yacht mast
- Blicblau, A. S.; Singh, M.; Thwaites, A.; Welsh, N.
- The purpose of this work to investigate the deflection of a Laser yacht mast caused by trimming forces (in plane deflection) occurring within the Laser yacht rig and create a model that reflects this. Finite element analysis software is used for the creation and analysis of the model based on structural mechanics principles. Verification of the model is carried out through comparison with experimental results, where deflection is determined in different wind conditions, and improvements of the model are based on the disparity of the model and the experimental results.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences
- ANZIAM Journal electronic supplement: proceedings of the 9th Engineering Mathematics and Applications Conference (EMAC 2009), Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, 06-09 December 2009, Vol. 51 (2009), pp. C461-C481
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0102 Applied Mathematics; 0103 Numerical and Computational Mathematics; 091307 Numerical Modelling and Mechanical Characterisation
- Deflection; Laser yacht mast; Modelling
- Cambridge University Press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010 Australian Mathematical Society.
- Peer reviewed