Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/149711
- Nano-structured microcapsules for biomacromolecules encasing
- Yu, Aimin; Gentle, Ian R.; Lu, Gao Qing (Max)
- The development of versatile and efficient encapsulation technologies is of great interest in medicine, pharmaceutics, agriculture, and cosmetics. This review addresses the fabrication of biocompatible capsules with nano-structured shell composition prepared by the layer-to-layer (LbL) self-assembly technique, the various strategies that have been used to encapsulate biomacromolecules and the different approaches available to release the encapsulated materials. The emphasis is on using mesoporous silica (MS) spheres as sacrificial templates for enzyme casing and its advantages over other encapsulation techniques.
- Publication type
- Book chapter
- Fabrication and bio-application of functionalized nanomaterials / Xuemei Wang (ed.), Chapter 4, pp. 99-122
- Publication year
- Biomacromolecules; Nanotechnology
- Research Signpost
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009. Published by Research Signpost; rights reserve.
- Research Projects
- Peer reviewed