Home List of Titles Rapid crystallization of amorphous silicon utilizing a very-high-frequency microplasma jet for Si thin-film solar cells
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/149921
- Rapid crystallization of amorphous silicon utilizing a very-high-frequency microplasma jet for Si thin-film solar cells
- Saha, Jhantu Kumar; Haruta, Koji; Yeo, Mina; Kobayashi, Tomohiro; Shirai, Hajime
- The rapid crystallization of amorphous silicon utilizing a very-high-frequency thermal microplasma jet of argon is demonstrated. Highly crystallized microcrystalline Si films were fabricated on textured a-Si:H:B/SnO2/glass by adjusting the translational velocity of the substrate stage. The crystallization of amorphous silicon was promoted from the bottom surface with no significant inter diffusions of B and Sn from Si:H:B/SnO2 layers to intrinsic crystallized Si layer. The preliminary result of p-i-n Si thin-film solar cell is demonstrated using the microcrystalline Si films fabricated by the plasma annealing.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells: incorporating proceedings of the 17th International Photovoltaic Science and Engineering Conference, Fukuoka, Japan, 03-07 December 2007 / M. Kondo, H. Okamoto and M. Yamaguchi (eds.), Vol. 93, no. 6-7 (Jun 2009), pp. 1154-1157
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0912 Materials Engineering; 0914 Resources Engineering and Extractive Metallurgy
- Amorphous silicon; Annealing; Argon; a-Si:H; B2H6; BH; Bottom surfaces; Crystallisation; High frequencies; Inter diffusions; Microcrystalline silicon; Micro-plasma jets; Nonmetals; PH3; Photovoltaic cells; Plasma annealing; Plasma devices; Plasma display devices; Plasmas; Rapid crystallisations; Silicon layers; Silicon thin-film solar cell; Solar cells; Translational velocities; Thin film devices; Tin
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009.
- Peer reviewed