Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Nanoporous polyelectrolyte spheres prepared by sequentially coating sacrificial mesoporous silica spheres
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/150070
- Nanoporous polyelectrolyte spheres prepared by sequentially coating sacrificial mesoporous silica spheres
- Wang, Yajun; Yu, Aimin; Caruso, Frank
- A hole load of spheres: Nanoporous polyelectrolyte (PE) spheres are prepared through layer-by-layer deposition of oppositely charged poly(acrylic acid) and poly(allylamine hydrochloride) onto mesoporous silica spheres (with cross-linking by heating in each step), and the subsequent removal of the silica templates by hydrofluoric acid (HF; see scheme).
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Angewandte Chemie: International Edition, Vol. 44, no. 19 (May 2005), pp. 2888-2892
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 03 Chemical Sciences; 06 Biological Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Carboxylic acids; Crosslinking; Deposition; Electrolytes; Hydrofluoric acid; Layer-by-layer technique; Mesoporous materials; Nanoporous polyelectrolyte; Nanoporous spheres; Nanospheres; Nanostructured materials; Poly(acrylic acid); Poly(allylamine hydrochloride); Polyelectrolytes; Polymers; Porosity; Scanning electron microscopy; Silica templates; Silicon dioxide; Surface properties
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA. The copyright policy of the publisher allows the accepted manuscript of the paper to be reproduced here after a publisher-imposed embargo period.
- Peer reviewed