Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/150076
- Nanotubes prepared by layer-by-layer coating of porous membrane templates
- Liang, Z.; Susha, A. S.; Yu, A.; Caruso, F.
- The synthesis of nanotubes (NT) by layer-by-layer (LbL) coating of porous membrane templates was presented. Polycarbonate membranes containing cylindrical pores were used. The diameter of the NTs was correlated to the the membrane pore diameters and the maximum lenghts of the NTs to the thickness of the membranes. The optical properties of the nanotubes were analyzed using fluorescence spectroscopy.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 15, no. 21 (Nov 2003), pp. 1849-1853
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0303 Macromolecular and Materials Chemistry; 0904 Chemical Engineering; 0912 Materials Engineering
- Adsorption; Chemical synthesis; Chemical vapor deposition; Cylindrical pores; Dissolution; Electroless plating; Electrostatic attractions; Fluorescence; Multilayers; Nanotubes; Polycarbonates; Polymeric membranes; Porous materials; Porous membranes; Scanning electron microscopy; Self assembly; Sol-gels; Transmission electron microscopy; Ultraviolet spectroscopy
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim. The copyright policy of the publisher allows the accepted manuscript of the paper to be reproduced here after a publisher-imposed embargo period.
- Peer reviewed