Home List of Titles Electrochemical behavior and simultaneous determination of vitamin B2, B6, and C at electrochemically pretreated glassy carbon electrode
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/150029
- Electrochemical behavior and simultaneous determination of vitamin B2, B6, and C at electrochemically pretreated glassy carbon electrode
- Gu, Hai-Ying; Yu, Ai-Min; Chen, Hong-Yuan
- An electrochemically pretreated glassy carbon electrode (PGCE) was achieved by anodic oxidation at 1.8 V and following potential cycling in the potential range from -0.8 to + 1.0 V. The resulting PGCE gave well-defined redox peaks with Epa = -0.073 V, Epc = 0.044 V. The PGCE showed good activity in improving the electrochemical responses of some water-soluble Vitamins, such as Vitamin (VB2), Vitamin (VB6) and Vitamin (VC). VB2, VB6 could be adsorbed at PGCE and VC proceeded with an electrocatalytic process. The electrochemical behavior of VB6 at PGCE depended on the potential scanning method and the pretreatment process of the electrode. The PGCE was rather stable and can be used to simultaneously determine these vitamins in multivitamin tablets.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Analytical Letters, Vol. 34, no. 13 (2001), pp. 2361-2374
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0301 Analytical Chemistry
- Adsorption; Ascorbic acid; Carbon; Catalysis; Drug determination; Electrochemically pretreated GCE; Electrochemistry; Electrode; Glass; Oxidation reduction reaction; Pyridoxine; Riboflavin; Simultaneous determination; Vitamin B2; Vitamin B6; Vitamin C
- Marcel Dekker (now an imprint of Taylor & Francis)
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 by Marcel Dekker, Inc. The copyright policy of the publisher allows the accepted manuscript of the paper to be reproduced here after a publisher-imposed embargo period.
- Peer reviewed