Home List of Titles Electrochemical behavior of 6-mercapto-purine at hanging copper amalgam dropping electrode and its trace determination by differential pulse adsorption cathodic stripping voltammetry
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/150040
- Electrochemical behavior of 6-mercapto-purine at hanging copper amalgam dropping electrode and its trace determination by differential pulse adsorption cathodic stripping voltammetry
- Gu, Hai-Ying; Sun, Deng-Ming; Yu, Ai-Min; Chen, Hong-Yuan
- The electrochemical behavior of 6-MP was studied by cyclic voltammetry at a hanging copper amalgam dropping electrode (HCADE). It was found that 6-MP could form a complex with the Cu(II) stripped from the HCADE, showing a new peak at -0.19V in the medium of 0.1mol/L LiClO4-0.5mol/L HClO4 solution. The mechanism of the reaction was proposed. This new peak was sensitive and could be used for the determination of trace 6-MP by differential pulse adsorption cathodic stripping voltammetry (DPAdCSV). The linear range was from 3.6 x 10^-10 to 5.3 x 10^6 mol/L, and the detection limit was about 1.2 x 10^-10 mol/L (S/N=3). The method was also successfully applied to the determination of 6-MP in pharmaceutical tablets.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Analytical Letters, Vol. 29, no. 15 (Dec 1996), pp. 2743-2753
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0301 Analytical Chemistry
- 6-Mercaptopurine; Cathodic stripping; Differential pulse; Hanging copper amalgam electrode; Voltammetry
- Marcel Dekker (now an imprint of Taylor & Francis)
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1996 by Marcel Dekker, Inc. The copyright policy of the publisher allows the accepted manuscript of the paper to be reproduced here after a publisher-imposed embargo period.
- Peer reviewed