Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Hybrid nanocomposite colloidal crystals via in-situ synthesis of nanoparticles within polyelectrolyte shell
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/150121
- Hybrid nanocomposite colloidal crystals via in-situ synthesis of nanoparticles within polyelectrolyte shell
- Yu, Aimin; Liu, Shaomin; Lu, Gao Qing; Gentle, Ian R.
- Three-dimensional (3D) colloidal crystals with polyelectrolyte (PE)/nanoparticles (NPs) hybrid shells were fabricated by crystallization of PE multilayer-coated colloidal particles on quartz substrates followed by in-situ synthesis of NPs within the PE shell via ion-exchange and chemical reduction. Both metal (Ag) and semiconductor (CdS) NPs could be formed on the particle shell. It was also demonstrated that the position of the stop band of the colloidal crystal could be finely tuned by adjusting the shell composition.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. 9, no. 2 (Feb 2009), pp. 1330-1332
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0912 Materials Engineering; 1007 Nanotechnology
- Cadmium compounds; Cds; Chemical reduction; Colloidal crystals; Colloidal particles; Crystals; Hybrid nanocomposites; Hybrid shells; In-situ synthesis; Ion exchange; Nanoparticles; Oxide minerals; Polyelectrolyte coating; Polyelectrolyte shells; Polyelectrolytes; Quartz substrate; Semiconducting cadmium compounds; Silver; Stop-bands
- American Scientific Publishers
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 American Scientific Publishers. The publisher does not allow institutions to archive either the published version or the accepted manuscript of the paper.
- Peer reviewed