Home List of Titles Study of a novel cationic calix 4 arene used as selectivity modifier in capillary electrophoresis with electrochemical detection
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/150164
- Study of a novel cationic calix 4 arene used as selectivity modifier in capillary electrophoresis with electrochemical detection
- Yang, Wen-Chu; Yu, Xiao-Dong; Yu, Ai-Min; Chen, Hong-Yuan
- The use of a novel cationic calixarene, p-(quaternary ammonium) calixarene, as selectivity modifier in capillary electrophoresis coupled with electrochemical detection was reported. The calixarene displayed good selectivity for the positional isomers of benzenediol and aminophenol and their successful separation was obtained tinder optimum conditions. The interaction mechanism between p-(quaternary ammonium) calixarene and the solutes is discussed using the molecular modeling method. The detection limits by electrochemical detection for the most solutes studied here were below picogram level, which was similar to 2 orders of magnitude lower than those reported in the literature using UV detection. The results showed that electrochemical detection is especially suitable for an electrophoresis system where calixarenes are used as modifier.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Chromatography A, Vol. 910, no. 2 (Mar 2001), pp. 311-318
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0301 Analytical Chemistry
- Aminophenols; Benzenediols; Buffer composition; Calixarenes; Phenols; Selectivity
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 Elsevier Science BV. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed