Home List of Titles Simultaneous determination of polycarboxylic acids by capillary electrophoresis with a copper electrode
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/150140
- Simultaneous determination of polycarboxylic acids by capillary electrophoresis with a copper electrode
- Yang, Wen-Chu; Dai, Yi-Qing; Yu, Ai-Min; Chen, Hong-Yuan
- The simultaneous determination of polycarboxylic acids including oxalic acid, citric acid, malonic acid, malic acid, tartaric acid, aspartic acid and glutamic acid was achieved by capillary electrophoresis with a copper disk electrode (d=200 mu m). In the system, 0.2 mmol/l cetylpridinium bromide (CPB) was used as an electroosmotic flow (EOF) modifier to reverse the direction of EOF. The effects of the solution pH and CPB concentration on separation were evaluated to achieve the optimum separation conditions. At the working potential of +0.14 V (vs. saturated calomel electrode), the calibration curves for all polycarboxylic acids studied were linear with 2 similar to 3-orders of magnitude and all the detection limits (S/N=3) were below 15 fmol except malonic acid. Furthermore, the oxalic and citric acids in urine were successfully separated and determined with high sensitivity.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Chromatography A, Vol. 867, no. 1-2 (Jan 2000), pp. 261-269
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0301 Analytical Chemistry
- Amino acids; Amperometric detection; Amperometry; Carboxylic acids; Electrochemical detection; Electrophoresis; Optimisation; Organic acids; Oxalates; Performance liquid-chromatography; Plasma; Polycarboxylic acidss; Separation; Urine; Zone electrophoresis
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed