Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Direct electron-transfer reaction of cytochrome-C at a bare spectrographic graphite electrode
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/150092
- Direct electron-transfer reaction of cytochrome-C at a bare spectrographic graphite electrode
- Yu, A. M.; Chen, H. Y.; Han, J. L.
- The electrochemistry of cytochrome C was investigated as a spectrographic graphite electrode. In phosphate buffer solution (pH = 7.0), cytochrome C showed stable and quasi-reversible response. The formal potential E0' was 0.015 V (at 25-degrees-C, vs. SCE) and the heterogeneous electron transfer rate constant k(s) obtained varied form 1.10 X 10(-3) cm . s-1 to 1.80 X 10(-3) cm . s-1. The thermodynamic parameters of the electron transfer reaction of cytochrome C was also estimated. Furthermore, the effect of the various electrode surface states on the electrochemistry of cytochrome C was discussed.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Chemical Research in Chinese Universities, Vol. 11, no. 1 (1995), pp. 22-27
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 03 Chemical Sciences
- Cytochrome-C; Electrochemistry; Electrodes; Electron transfer; Glassy-carbon electrode; Spectrographic graphite electrode; Rate constant
- Jilin Daxue
- Copyright © 1995.
- Peer reviewed