Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Wind input, nonlinear interactions and wave breaking at the spectrum tail of wind-generated waves, transition from f-4 to f-5 behaviour
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/154633
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Wind input, nonlinear interactions and wave breaking at the spectrum tail of wind-generated waves, transition from f-4 to f-5 behaviour
- Babanin, A. V.
- Behaviour of the equilibrium interval of the wave frequency spectrum is investigated. It is argued that spectra of Phillips, Toba and Zakharov-Filonenko are consistent with each other, and transition between f-4 and f-5 subintervals is parameterised by means of field data including those obtained at short fetches from Katsiveli research tower. Role of the wave breaking, wind input and nonlinear interactions in formation of the spectrum tail is discussed.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Ecological Safety of Coastal and Shelf Zones and Comprehensive use of Shelf Resources, vol. 21, (2010), pp. 173-187
- Publication year
- Equilibrium interval; Katsiveli tower; Nonlinear interactions; Wave breaking; Wind input
- Marine Hydrophysical Institute
- Copyright © A. V. Babanin, 2010. Paper reproduced here with permission of the author.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed