Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/155500
- A formal approach to model SNMP Nntwork management systems
- Li, Jianxin; Leon, Benjamin J.
- The simple network management protocol (SNMP) is currently the dominant network management standard for the TCP/IP networking environment. Fundamental to SNMP is the management information base (MIB). The heart of SNMP is the protocol. In this paper, we propose an approach to formalize our understanding of SNMP. We prove that MIB with lexicographic order is a well-founded set. We also provide formal semantics for protocol operations by derivation.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN '95), Las Vegas, United States, 20-23 September 1995, pp. 284-287
- Publication year
- Management information base; MIB; Simple network management protocol; SNMP
- 9780818671807, 0818671807
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1995 IEEE.
- Peer reviewed