Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles NCSL Conference on Redistricting, Washington, D.C. and Meetings with New Jersey redistribution authorities
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/155646
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- NCSL Conference on Redistricting, Washington, D.C. and Meetings with New Jersey redistribution authorities
- Newton-Farrelly, Jenni
- This Research Note reports on a conference in Washington, DC, on electoral redistribution, and meetings with authorities on the New Jersey redistribution process. The purpose of the study tour was to gather information that will help the South Australian Parliament, the Electoral Districts Boundaries Commission and the parties, in their approach to South Australia’s next redistribution of state electoral districts, due later this year. In particular I was looking at methodology issues (especially what measures are most commonly used for partisan support). The grant will also partially fund a second trip to New Jersey in April which will focus on political approaches to ideal redistribution outcomes.
- Publication type
- Research Note, No. 18
- Publication year
- Elections; New Jersey; Redistribution; Redistricting; South Australia; South Australian Parliament
- South Australian Parliament Research Library
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011 South Australian Parliament Research Library. Published version of this paper reproduced with the kind permission of the publisher..
- Additional information
- Supported by the House of Assembly / Parliament Research Library (Research Grant 2010-2011).
- Full text