Search Swinburne Research Bank
This object has not yet been indexed by the background indexing service.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/156582
|Download PDF (125 pages) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Detecting double faults related to terms in Boolean expression
- Lau, Man Fai; Liu, Ying
- In this report, our main target is to obtain the fault detection conditions of double faults related to terms. In order to illustrate how these fault detection conditions can be used, we analyse the fault detection capabilities of some existing test case selection strategies, aimed at detecting single occurrence of particular types of fault, in detecting double faults studied in this report. Our analysis shows that test case selection strategies studied in this report can guarantee to detect the double faults related to terms. Hence, by using these test case selection strategies in detecting single faults, there is an additional benefit of detecting the double faults studied in this report. The rest of report is organized as follows. Section 2 introduces the notation and fault classes studied in this report. Section 3 presents double fault classes and their corresponding faulty implementations. Section 4 proves the fault detection conditions of each faulty implementation and Section 5 analyses the effects of fault coupling between single and double faults. Section 6 analyses the fault detecting capabilities of some existing test case selection strategies in detecting double faults. Section 7 concludes the report and discusses further work.
- Publication type
- Technical report
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies: technical reports, No. SUTICT-TR2006.02 (Nov 2006)
- Publication year
- Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies, Swinburne University of Technology
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 The Authors.