Search Swinburne Research Bank
This object has not yet been indexed by the background indexing service.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/158116
- Angur: a visualization system for XML documents
- Shihab, Khalil; Sim, Doreen; Shahi, Amir Mohammad
- Complex data structures have been used in many applications that can make them difficult to understand and manage. Visualization of these structures allows a user to get better insight both in the data structure and in the application itself. In this work, we present a visualization system, called Angur, for the structured data-oriented XML formats. We used a graphical representation that is based on tree maps. This type of visualization is usually referred to as tree rewriting. It allows efficient filtration and transformation of the document tree to fit particular user needs. In particular, our system allows the transformation of XML documents to a structure of a graphical network of objects. These visualization objects can be easily analysed, interpreted and managed without the need of dealing with their deep representations.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus. School of Engineering, Computing and Science
- Proceedings of the 9th WSEAS International Conference on Telecommunications and Informatics (TELE-INFO 2010), Sicily, Italy, 29-31 May 2010 / V. Niola et. al. (eds.), pp. 159-165
- Publication year
- World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010 WSEAS.