Home List of Titles The verification of the best-fit equation to predict spatial sedimentation rates at Loagan Bunut Lake, Miri, Sarawak
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/158665
- The verification of the best-fit equation to predict spatial sedimentation rates at Loagan Bunut Lake, Miri, Sarawak
- Dagang, R. B.; Lau, S.; Sayok, A. K.
- Although a number of problems in environmental science deal with biology, chemistry and social issues, the applications of physics are also very important. In this paper, the best-fit model to predict spatial sedimentation rates at Loagan Bunut Lake is verified using conservation of mass and comparative equation. The lake is a flood plain lake that is located within the boundaries of Loagan Bunut National Park in the northeastern part of the state of Sarawak. Twenty two cylindrical traps were installed at the lake. The traps were placed in November 2005 until April 2008. Each sample was collected after about four to five months of deployment. Dry sedimentation rates of the traps and their linear distances from Trap 1 located at the confluencet of Bunut River were measured.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus
- International Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences, Vol. 10, no. 2 (2010), pp. 11-16
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0299 Other Physical Sciences; 0599 Other Environmental Sciences
- Conservation; Environmental physics; Loagan Bunut Lake; Sedimentation rates
- International Journals of Engineering & Sciences
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010.
- Peer reviewed