Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/189125
- Bond-slip models for double strap joints strengthened by CFRP
- Fawzia, Sabrina; Zhao, Xiao-Ling; Al-Mahaidi, Riadh
- This paper presents the results of a series of tension tests on CFRP bonded steel plate double strap joints. The main aim of this research is to provide detailed understanding of bond characteristics using experimental and numerical analysis of strengthened double strap joints under tension. A parametric study has been performed by numerical modelling with the variables of CFRP bond lengths, adhesive maximum strain and adhesive layer thicknesses. Finally, bond-slip models are proposed for three different types of adhesives within the range of the parametric study.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Composite Structures: incorporating selected papers from the 15th International Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS/15), Porto, Portugal, 15-17 June 2009, Vol. 92, no. 9 (Aug 2010), pp. 2137-2145
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0905 Civil Engineering; 0915 Interdisciplinary Engineering
- Bond-slip; Carbon fibre reinforced polymers; CFRP; Composite materials; Double strap joint; Steel; Strengthening
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Additional information
- This project was sponsored by the Australian Research Council through an ARC Discovery Grant.
- Peer reviewed