Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Analysis of agonism by dopamine at the dopaminergic D2 G-protein coupled receptor based on comparative modelling of Rhodopsin
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/2097
- Analysis of agonism by dopamine at the dopaminergic D2 G-protein coupled receptor based on comparative modelling of Rhodopsin
- Chalmers, David; Lloyd, Edward J.; Tehan, Benjamin G.; Wong, Margaret G.
- A number of theoretical dopaminergic D2 models were constructed using comparative modelling techniques. The models constructed were based on the recently published crystal structure of rhodopsin. D2 models were constructed without any ligands bound in the active site and also with the endogenous agonist, dopamine, bound in the active site. Comparison of the bound and unbound models revealed the importance of the chi angle of serine 197 and the effect this has on the bending of helix 5 when an agonist is present in the binding site.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Engineering and Science
- Molecular simulation, Vol. 28, no. 10 (Jan. 2002), pp. 865-888
- Publication year
- Dopamine; D2; G-protein coupled receptor; Rhodopsin; Agonists; Activation
- Taylor and Francis
- pp. 865-888
- Publisher URL
- © 2002 Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Peer reviewed