Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen entanglement strategies in two-well Bose-Einstein condensates
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/189447
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen entanglement strategies in two-well Bose-Einstein condensates
- He, Q. Y.; Reid, M. D.; Vaughan, T. G.; Gross, C.; Oberthaler, M.; Drummond, P. D.
- Criteria suitable for measuring entanglement between two different potential wells in a Bose-Einstein condensation are evaluated. We show how to generate the required entanglement, utilizing either an adiabatic two-mode or a dynamic four-mode interaction strategy, with techniques that take advantage of s-wave scattering interactions to provide the nonlinear coupling. The dynamic entanglement method results in an entanglement signature with spatially separated detectors, as in the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen paradox.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Atom Optics and Ultrafast Spectroscopy
- Physical Review Letters, Vol. 106, no. 12 (Mar 2011), article no. 120405
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Bose-Einstein condensates; Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen entanglement; Entanglement
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011 American Physical Society. The published version of the paper is reproduced here with the kind permission of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed