Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Heralded single photon sources: a route towards quantum communication technology and photon standards
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/189543
- Heralded single photon sources: a route towards quantum communication technology and photon standards
- Castelletto, S. A.; Scholten, R. E.
- Single photon counting, based on single photon sources and detectors, is a key ingredient for certain applications aiming at new quantum information technologies. Quantum cryptography, quantum radiometry, distributed quantum computing, as well as adjacent technologies such as biomedical and astronomical imaging, and low power classical communication also rely on single-photon technology. This paper reviews the present status of single photon sources and related counting measurement techniques, based on correlated (or heralded) photons in parametric down-conversion, and their possible impact on the above mentioned technologies, as well as an assessment for photon standards in the future.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- The European Physical Journal: Applied Physics, Vol. 41, no. 3 (Mar 2008), pp. 181-194
- Publication year
- Imaging techniques; Parametric down-conversion; Photons; Quantum communication technology; Quantum computers; Quantum cryptography; Quantum theory
- EDP Sciences
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 EDP Sciences.
- Peer reviewed