Home List of Titles Optimizing single-photon-source heralding efficiency and detection efficiency metrology at 1550 nm using periodically poled lithium niobate
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/189530
- Optimizing single-photon-source heralding efficiency and detection efficiency metrology at 1550 nm using periodically poled lithium niobate
- Castelletto, S.; Degiovanni, I. P.; Schettini, V.; Migdall, A.
- We explore the feasibility of using high conversion-efficiency periodically-poled crystals to produce photon pairs for photon-counting detector calibrations at 1550 nm. The goal is the development of an appropriate parametric down-conversion (PDC) source at telecom wavelengths meeting the requirements of high-efficiency pair production and collection in single spectral and spatial modes (single-mode fibres). We propose a protocol to optimize the photon collection, noise levels and the uncertainty evaluation. This study ties together the results of our efforts to model the single-mode heralding efficiency of a two-photon PDC source and to estimate the heralding uncertainty of such a source.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Metrologia, Vol. 43, no. 2 (Apr 2006), pp. S56-S60
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0299 Other Physical Sciences
- Calibration; Crystals; Detectors; Lithium niobate; Mathematical models; Network protocols; Parametric down-conversion; PDC; Photons; Single-photon-source heralding; Telecom wavelengths
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 BIPM and IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Peer reviewed