Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Highly ordered mixed protein patterns over large areas from self-assembly of binary colloids
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/189576
- Highly ordered mixed protein patterns over large areas from self-assembly of binary colloids
- Singh, Gurvinder; Pillai, Saju; Arpanaei, Ayyoob; Kingshott, Peter
- A novel single step method is developed for patterning multiple proteins within self-assembled binary colloidal crystal patterns. Self-assembly takes place by confining the suspensions in which either one or both types of particles are coated separately with proteins prior to mixing. This method offers precise control over the spacing between the proteins and the pattern size over large areas without any involvement of expensive lithographic techniques.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 23, no. 13 (Apr 2011), pp. 1519-1523
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0303 Macromolecular and Materials Chemistry; 0904 Chemical Engineering; 0912 Materials Engineering
- Crystals; Fabrication; Forces; Surfaces
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Additional information
- The authors acknowledge support from the Danish Research Council Internationalisation PhD Stipend.
- Peer reviewed