Search Swinburne Research Bank
This object has not yet been indexed by the background indexing service.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/190191
- Helix software evolution data set
- Vasa, Rajesh; Lumpe, Markus; Jones, Allan
- The Helix Data Set is a compilation of release histories of a number of non-trivial Java Open Source Software Systems. It has been developed to assist researchers in the field of empirical software engineering with a focus on software evolution. Each of the systems available as part of the Helix Data Set includes: (1) The releases: the JARs containing the class files for each release of the systems along with meta data; (2) The metrics: a metric history derived from extraction of the releases. You can use this data directly for your research projects. The complete dataset is currently 84 .zip files (each containing .jar files, .version files and html files) and 42 .txt files. The collection of release histories currently measures approximately 2.23 GB in total but is available for download in separate components from the project's website.
- Publication type
- Research dataset
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Cite this work as: Vasa, R., Lumpe, M., & Jones, A. (2010). Growth and change dynamics in open source software systems. Research dataset. Melbourne: Swinburne University of Technology, available from http://www.ict.swin.edu.au/research/projects/helix
- Publication year
- Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies, Swinburne University of Technology
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010 Rajesh Vasa, Markus Lumpe and Allan Jones. The complete Helix software evolution data set is made available under a Creative Commons licence. If you use the data from this project, please cite it in this manner: http://www.ict.swin.edu.au/research/projects/helix/helix-cite.html and acknowledge the original source. Individual release files are subject to a number of software licences including Apache licences; GNU licences; Mozilla Public licences; BSD licences and more. Please consult the .versions file that accompanies each release file to determine which licence applies to the release.