Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/190328
|Download PDF (Table A1) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Resolved objects in the ﬁeld of NGC 4649 (Table A1)
- Forbes, Duncan A.; Faifer, Favio Raul; Forte, Juan Carlos; Bridges, Terry; Beasley, Michael A.; Gebhardt, Karl; Hanes, David A.; Sharples, Ray; Zepf, Stephen E.
- Images were taken of NGC 4649 using the GMOS in imaging mode on the Gemini North telescope on 2002 April 10, 11 and 14. The internal Gemini program ID is 20020410-GN-2002A-Q-21/Q-13. The instrument consists of three 2048 × 4608 pixel CCDs, with a scale of 0.072 arcsec pixel−1, yielding a 5.5 x 5.5 arcmin2 field-of-view in a single pointing. We obtained three pointings close to the galaxy centre: the north-east (field No. 1), south-east (field No. 2), and east (field No. 3). The images were taken using modified Sloan g and i filters (centred at wavelengths of 475 and 780 nm, respectively). Both g and i images had exposure times of 4 x 120 s, and the subexposures were dithered to remove the gaps between the CCD chips. The seeing for the three fields were similar in the g and i filters, with 0.6, 0.7 and 1.0 arcsec for field Nos 1, 2 and 3, respectively. Table A1 gives the photometry for the resolved objects. Table columns include x and y position in pixels, defined in a rectangular system with its origin at the galaxy centre with x positive towards west and y positive towards the north (columns Xpos and Ypos); galactocentric radius in arcsec (column RadGC); Modified Sloan i magnitude (column imag); Modified Sloan g−i colour index (g-i) and their errors (columns e_imag and e_g-i). Finally, column _RA contains position computed from Xpos and Ypos, assuming the position of M60 centre at 12:43:40.20+11:33:09.0 (right ascension part) (pos.eq.ra;meta.main); and column _DE contains position computed from (Xpos, Ypos), assuming the position of M60 centre at 12:43:40.20+11:33:09.0 (declination part) (pos.eq.dec;meta.main). The table is provided in full for download here in PDF; for other formats including ASCII and HTML, see the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics VizieR record here: http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR?-source=J/MNRAS/355/608.
- Publication type
- Research dataset
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
- Originally published as supplementary material to: Forbes, D. A., et al. (2004). Gemini/GMOS imaging of globular clusters in the Virgo galaxy NGC 4649 (M60). Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 355(2), 608-616, http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2966.2004.08333.x, Table A1
- The tables are also available from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics VizieR catalogue, http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR?-source=J/MNRAS/355/608
- Publication year
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 Royal Astronomical Society. The author's original tables are reproduced here in PDF with the kind permission of the author and in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. For other formats including ASCII and HTML, see the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics VizieR record here: http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR?-source=J/MNRAS/355/608.